Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lemon Fettuccine with Bacon & Chives


I often go to Big Girls Small Kitchen's blog and see what those gals have been up to in the culinary world. They recently made this Pasta dish, and I thought I would give it a go. I've been craving a really good homemade pasta dish. Normally, I'm a Traditional Red Sauce and Spaghetti kind of gal. I thought I would give this one a try and be a little more adventurous. It sounded reasonable; bacon, wine, cheese. How could it possibly go wrong? Well, it did. I don't know if it was the Romano Cheese, the lemon, or the wine, but something about it just didn't jive with me. Feel free to give it a go, and let me know if you have any success with it. I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, but I did add a dash of garlic salt to it.

Ingredients
3 slices bacon
1/4 cup white wine
1/2lb fresh fettuccine
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup grated pecorino
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp salt

In a skillet, cook the bacon until brown and crispy on both sides. Set aside, and when cool, crumble with your fingers. Turn the heat down to medium-low and deglaze the pan with the wine. Cook for a minute or two, until the alcohol has burned off. Set aside in a mixing bowl.

Then bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Add to the bowl with the wine and toss together with the bacon, chives, lemon juice, cheese, salt, and red pepper.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment