Saturday, August 6, 2011

Watermelon Mojito


I know, I know. This is the 3rd Mojito recipe that I've posted. But, come on; you can never have too many mojito recipes. For me, this has been the summer of the watermelon. Okay, last summer was also that way. But, this summer I've been experimenting more with watermelon. This past Thursday, I had a rough day at work and decided to make a mojito when I got home. Lately, I've been making my strawberry mojitos, but this time I decided to do it a little differently. I had some cut up watermelon in my fridge and decided to try a watermelon mojito. Plus, I didn't have to wait for it to thaw like I would with my strawberries. Boy, what a different taste. I don't really know how to describe it, but the watermelon and mint gave it a nice flavor. I will definitely be making this drink again soon! I hope you like it. Enjoy.


Ingredients:
1/4 cup cubed watermelon
Couple sprigs of mint
2 tbsp (or more) simple syrup
1 jigger (or more) of light rum
1 tbsp lime (optional)
ice
sparkling water or club soda

To make the watermelon mojito; take your watermelon, mint, and simple syrup and put in your favorite glass. Muddle these ingredients. Next, add your rum then your ice. Top with sparkling water (or club soda) and add a splash of lime juice. I didn't use lime juice in mine, but feel free to add it to yours. Enjoy!

(click here for printable recipe)

1 comment: