Monday, April 26, 2010

Apricot Pork Chops

Cooking tonight’s dinner, I was a technological marvel. It’s true. I was channeling Judy Jetson. Sadly, the phenomenon was not the cooking technique or culinary gadgetry. Today, I got a new cell phone – the Droid Eris – and along with it a Bluetooth. I cooked dinner tonight, while on the phone, with both of my hands free for stirring, chopping onions, and turning pork chops with the greatest of ease.

Not impressed? You should be. This was my first Bluetooth experience. I got to chat with my brother while whipping up tonight’s new recipe. My new phone, its accessories, and tonight’s dinner turned out wonderfully.

You may notice I have an apricot marmalade trend forming. That’s just because it’s hard to find a small jar of it, so I want to use it all before it goes bad!


This picture is from my new phone, but I haven't yet figured out proper settings for it. I may have accidentally taken this as an action shot.

Ingredients:
4 (4-ounce) boneless loin pork chops
1/4 cup prechopped onion
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sliced green onion


Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Add prechopped onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in preserves, soy sauce, garlic, and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Add pork to pan, turning to coat. Sprinkle with green onions.
Recipe from MyRecipes

Peach preserves or marmalade could be used instead of apricot marmalade if you wanted to mix up this recipe. Also, I did not use a single measuring spoon while I was cooking. All of my measurements were guesstimates, but the result turned out tasty.
Finally, as a note, I promise my next post won’t involve apricots!
Happy cooking!
-KSP


(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment