Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sriracha Grilled Chicken Breasts


A couple months ago I discovered how good sriracha is. I mean I've known about this product for a couple years. Afterall if you've been to Kuba Kuba in the fan you'll see a bottle on every one of those tables. Since I'm not a very adventurous eater I never wanted to try it. I now admit that I've been missing out. It's really spicy and really flavorful. Since I have this bottle sitting in my fridge I decided to look for recipes that incorporate this hot chili sauce. Basically, I entered siracha in tastespottings search engine, and it came back with zero results. I thought to myself, well, that's weird. There has to be bloggers who use this ingredient. So, I went to hand-dandy google, and it ends up I mis-spelled it. It's sriracha. Aha! Spelling the ingredient right is key when searching on tastespotting's site. Doh! Anyway, I came across this recipe. But, it's different than how I made it. First of all it's a chicken wing recipe and they bake it. Well, I'm not a fan of boned-in wings. And, I didn't want to bake my chicken. So, I used the core of the recipe for chicken breasts, and I grilled it instead. I must say it is a very good recipe! Even more importantly, it's super easy to make. I will definitely be using this recipe again! Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1/4 c honey
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
1.5 tsp sesame seed oil
1.5 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp garlic powder or 2 large cloves, minced
3 tbsp sriracha sauce
1. 5 tsp salt
2-3 lbs of chicken wings

Basically, combine all of the ingredients thru the salt into a bowl. Stir. If you shall desire salt your chicken, and put in a zip-lock bag. Pour the sauce into the ziplock bag, and marinade for at the least 30 minutes. The longer it marinades the more flavor it will pack. I let mine marinade for about an hour. I bet if I had let it sit longer it would have been even better. At this point, I got my grill ready. Once the temperature reached about 400 degrees I put my chicken on, and grilled for about 10 minutes till the chicken was cooked.

Now, if you want to do it the way the blogger intended; you'd set your oven to 450 degrees. Take a cooling rack and place on a baking sheet. Spray the cooling rack with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the rack, sprinkle with more salt if desired. And, bake for 25-30 minutes.

(Click here for printable recipe)

2 comments:

  1. I was spelling it wrong, too. But when I googled it (wrong), up came your recipe! Maybe because you included the misspelling? Whatever, but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete