Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giada's Nutella Cookies


Giada de Laurentis is the Queen of all things Nutella. I, on the other hand, have just started experimenting with recipes that involve Nutella. So, one evening I figured I should look for some Giada recipes to try. Afterall she loooooves Nutella so her recipes have to be good, right? Right. I am in serious heaven with this versatile ingredient. And, Giada's cookies are seriously yummy. If you are craving chocolate give this recipe a try. You will not be disappointed.

Ingredients
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c nutella
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven @ 375 degrees
The first thing I always do when making cookies, brownies, or cake is to combine all the dry ingredients (unless specified otherwise). So, go ahead and get a small bowl and combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a standing mixer, add the sugars, the nutella, and butter. Stir until the ingredients are fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Gradually add in the dry ingredients at low speed just so the flour doesn't spray all over. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated in the batter add in the chocolate chips and stir. Add the dough to the cookie sheets and bake from 6-10 minutes. The first time I made these cookies I had to throw away the majority of them because I overbaked them. This time I baked them for 8 minutes, and it was still a minute too long. But, I didn't have to throw these cookies away. They were just a tad crisp.

(Click here for printable recipe)

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the wrinkles on these cookies! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to throw away over half of these, too. :( i think they have to be taken out when still soft to harden on a rack or a plate. i added a little bit more flour, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 minutes was perfect for mine tonight. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous; you are right. To determine if these are ready; I carefully look at the bottom of the cookie to see if they look golden then if they are take them out. I hope you have better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just decided to make these on a whim, and they're absolutely delicious! Although on checking my oven was a little cooler by ten degrees or so, I found 7-8 minutes did them just right - and as anon said, left them to cool and they crisped up. Definitely be saving this recipe and baking them again soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 13 year old daughter wanted to make nutella cookies and we found these. I was a little skeptical because of the comments about them being too hard. But she cooked them for 7 min and they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, quick question, is the uncooked dough supposed to be grainy? I'm worried my cookies aren't going to cook ok. Any ideas of where i may have gone wrong?

    ReplyDelete