Friday, May 4, 2012

Strawberry Popsicle

Last summer I purchased $5 popsicle molds from my favorite store: World Market. For some strange reason, I never tried making popsicles last year. Maybe it's because I was on my watermelon sorbet kick or could have been because I didn't have any popsicle recipes. I'm not really sure what the deal was with me last summer, but I sure was missing out. Since it wasn't quite watermelon season in March I decided to try making popsicles. I came across this strawberry popsicle recipe from Baked Bree and decided to give it awhirl. Yum. Yum. Yum. Man, are these popsicles delicious. They're really simple to make and quite good for you being that it calls for strawberries, lemons, and honey. Of course, I have to go ahead and take it up a notch by adding a couple dashes of simple syrup. But, hey, it's still healthy. Anyway, I highly recommend you run out to your local World Market (or Bed, Bath, and Beyond) and get yourself some popsicle molds. Try this recipe and you will love it! Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 pint Strawberries
lemon juice squeezed from 1 lemon
1/2 cup honey ( I only used about 2 tbsp of honey since I use simple syrup as well)
1/8 to 1/4 c simple syrup (optional)
Splash or two of OJ (optional)

Take your strawberries and cut off the tops; throw in your blender along with the remaining ingredients. Puree the mixture. Simply pour the strawberry mixture into your popsicle molds. This makes about 8-9 popsicles. Freeze for at least 4 hours, and preferably over night. If you have problems getting the popsicle out of the mold once it's been frozen, simply turn the mold over and rinse with hot water for a couple seconds. They should come out with a nice and easy tug. Enjoy!

(Click for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment