Sunday, May 13, 2012

Really Good Salsa

One of my favorite things to eat at Mexican restaurants are chips and salsa. Actually, I could totally eat chips and salsa as my main course and forgo your typical burrito or taco. Sometimes salsa made at restaurants can taste pretty bland; almost as if they serve it out of a jar. So, I definitely judge a Mexican restaurant based on how fresh their salsa tastes. I can't go to Mexican restaurants every time I crave chips and salsa, however, I can make my salsa at home. I've been trying for years to perfect salsa. I've tried many recipes, and I feel like I've finally perfected it. I hope you enjoy it. I know I do. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
4-5 tomatoes on a vine, quartered
1 to 2 jalapenos, loosely chopped
1/2 onion, loosely chopped
juice of one lime
couple dashes of cayenne
couple dashes of cumin
couple dashes of Chipotle Adobo Chili Pepper (optional)
Salt to taste
small fistful of cilantro

Take out your food processor, and throw in the tomatoes, jalapenos, and onion. Pulse for several seconds. Remove the lid and add in the lime juice, salt, and spices. Pulse a second or two. Remove lid and add in the cilantro. Pulse for several seconds so the cilantro is incorporated. Remove the lid and try the salsa. If necessary; add more salt. If the seasoning tastes fine; pour the salsa into an air tight container and refridgerate for an hour. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment