Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Barramundi w/ Strawberry Mango Salsa

Doan came in second at Iron Chef Strawberry for her Salmon and Strawberry Mango Salsa. It was deeelicious. I really think she would have won if it weren't for Cara's clever Biscuits with Strawberry and Chipotle jam. I've been wanting to make Doan's Strawberry Salsa ever since, and tonight I finally made it. And, it was just as tasty as I remembered. Doan said she just seasoned her salmon with salt and pepper and seared it in a pan with butter. I'm not a big fan of salmon, so I used the barramundi in my freezer. I ended up using this recipe from Good Taste Foods' blog. It was seriously yummy. Why does butter have to make everything so much better? Sigh. But, I'm definitely going to keep both of these recipes in my pocket. I really think you will enjoy this dish. And, it tasted even better with my strawberry mojito. Enjoy!




Ingredients for Strawberry Salsa:
¾ cup of OJ or half of a fresh orange
1 Jalepeno pepper diced w/ or without seeds depending on your spice level.
2 tablespoons of red onion diced
1 pint of strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons of lime juice or juice of ½ to 1 whole lime.
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
1 tablespoon of honey
1 whole fairly ripped mango diced.
1 tablespoon cilantro
Pinch of salt



To make the salsa; mix all the above ingredients in a medium sized bowl. I let it sit in my fridge for about an hour so all the juices absorbed.


Ingredients for Fish:
4 Barramundi fillets
2oz butter
2 teaspoons of Paprika
2 teaspoons of Cajun Spice

Brush both sides of the fish with the butter. Take the paprika and cajun spice and combine in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on both sides of the fish. The recipe doesn't necessarily call for this, but go ahead and add a couple tablespoons of butter in your sautee pan. Heat the pan to medium. Once the pan is nice and warm, add in your fish. Cook the fish on each side for four minutes or until it's cooked through. Place your fish on a plate and pour some of the strawberry mango salsa on top. Enjoy!



(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment