Sunday, May 8, 2011

Strawberry Mojito


It's getting closer to those warm summer months, and my mint is growing gloriously. So, what's the best way to use mint by making mojitos that is. About a year ago my sister sent me a blog for a strawberry mojito recipe. It's taken me a year, but I finally got around to making this recipe. My only complaint was that the mint overpowered the strawberries. So, next time I'll be sure to add more strawberries and less mint. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/4 cup mint
1-2 shots of white rum
2 tbsp to 1/4 cup simple syrup
Splash of Club soda or Soda Water
Splash of fresh lime

Directions:
Take a glass and add your strawberries, mint, and simple syrup. Use your muddling tool and crush the strawberries and mint. Add rum. Add ice close to the top of your glass. Add soda water or club soda. Add a splash of fresh lime. Garnish with strawberry and lime.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment