Sunday, March 27, 2011

Carrot Ginger Dressing


A couple months ago I had the opportunity to go to Kobe Japanese and Sushi Restaurant for lunch. One of my favorite dishes of the entire meal was their salad with a ginger-carrot dressing. Man, was it tasty. Recently, I was perusing smittenkitchen's website, and came across this recipe for Avocado Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing. I thought I should give the dressing a try and see if it's similar to Kobe's dressing. After all, the reviews for the dressing were pretty spot-on. Well, I had to go the chinese store off Broad street to find the white miso. I had absolutely no idea what it was. Basically, it's a paste that you can make miso soup with as well as salad dressings. It cost only about $5, and I think it will last quite a while. The dressing was a bit tangy, and I think I used too much seasme oil. But, I think I will give it another whirl and see if I can get it just right. I do recommend this dressing, though. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
1 small shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons sweet white miso
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
1/4 cup grapeseed or another neutral oil (I used canola oil)
2 tablespoons water

Directions:
To make the dressing, after prepping all of your ingredients, add the carrots, shallots, and ginger to your food processor and process a couple times until all the ingredients are finely chopped. Then add your miso, vinegar, and sesame oil. Process a couple more times till the ingredients are well-incorporated. Next, keep the food processor on low, and slowly add your grapeseed or neutral oil and water. Pour over your salad, and enjoy.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment