Thursday, March 10, 2011

Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops


Growing up there was one dish I really dreaded having to eat. That dish was my mom's pork chops. Seriously, I couldn't stand eating that pork. Sorry, Mom. First chance I got I'd put a piece of pork in my mouth and pretend I had to use the bathroom. And, I'm sure you can guess what I did next. Yes, I spit the pork out of my mouth into the toilet, and then I repeated. Yes, I was an awful kid, but I really just didn't like it. Sorry, mom (again) but I just didn't think it had much flavor. I really think that's why I didn't like it. My mom doesn't agree, though. Lol. She thinks I was just a picky kid. And, she was right. But, now that I'm an adult, and cook my own food, I've given pork chops another chance. And, this recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipe has a lot of flavor. Plus it's very good for you. If you look thru a lot of my marinade recipes a lot of them contain lime. I just think it is a solid ingredient for marinating and it doesn't have any fat. If you like a little spice in your life give this marinade a try. You really won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
4 (6 oz) lean boneless pork chops
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 lime, juice of
lime zest
salt and fresh pepper

Really this is a very simple recipe. All you do is take the ingredients from the garlic and below and combine into a bowl. Mix together. I did add some cayenne to this just to kick it up another notch. I then took my pork chop and the marinade and put in a ziplock bag. Make sure all of the marinade has covered the pork chop. I sealed the bag and placed in the fridge for about an hour.

Next, I preheated my oven on the Broil setting. Once the oven was ready I placed the pork chop on the oven rack with a cookie sheet underneath to help catch the juices. Cook the pork for 6 minutes on one side and 6 minutes on the other. Until the pork chop is nicely browned. Remove and enjoy.

This recipe is 6 weight watchers points.

(Click here for printable recipe)

2 comments: