Friday, April 8, 2011

Rosemary Ranch Chicken

I haven’t posted in awhile because we’ve been making a lot of our old favorites that are already on the site. I’ve been busy at work and so not able to spend my typical hours poring over recipes. Last night we made one of our favorite meals, and I assumed I had written it up for The Dinner Club, but was shocked to see that I hadn’t. Time to right that wrong! Or write that wrong, I guess. Oy, bad puns.

One of the hardest things about making chicken is not letting it get dry. That’s the best part about this recipe—it makes the juiciest chicken around. It also imparts a lot of tasty flavor. However, it’s not exactly healthy. I know, I know, you’re not surprised, since this is coming from me. But if you have it just every once in awhile and not every week, it should be ok. I found this one on allrecipes.com.


Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

First, cut your chicken into bite-sized cubes. We actually like to use tenderloins because they are already small so half the work is done for you already. In a medium bowl, measure out the olive oil. If you do this first, you can use the same measuring cup for the ranch and it will all come out, instead of sticking in the cup. The last time I made this I cut the oil in half, and it was still good, but slightly less juicy. So, add all the ingredients into the bowl and mix it up until it’s fully combined. Then put in your chicken cubes and cover them with marinade. You can let this sit for as little as a half hour, or up to an hour.


We cooked ours on skewers, but we’ve also cooked them in the oven and that’s good too (just make sure to take them out of the sauce). If you’re grilling, it should take about 8 to 10 minutes for them to get done through. Make sure you throw away the excess sauce. In the past, we’ve also thrown in chunks of sweet onion and put them on the skewers as well, and that’s pretty tasty if you are an onion fan. Enjoy!

(Click here for printable recipe)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...other than the ranch dressing this is actually pretty healthy. Light-ranch could always be substituted. Sounds yummy. I love rosemary.

    ReplyDelete