Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cilantro Lime Tilapia

So, I've been doing a pretty good job at sticking with my healthy eating plan for this new year. I'm very happy that Sara suggested this blog (Ginas' Skinny Recipes) that she's been following. I've already posted one recipe from this blog, and here's a second one. I've been trying to eat more fish as well, and this particular recipe was a stand out. It's actually a recipe for shrimp, but I just can't bring myself to spend $10-15 on a bag of shrimp. At least not yet. So, I adapted this recipe to apply to Tilapia instead. I think it still worked really well. As you can probably tell from previous postings I have a thing for cilantro and lime. But, this recipe is really good and really fast. I highly recommend it. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil
2 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened (I used Tilapia)
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
salt and pepper

These are my instructions for cooking my fish. Basically, the shrimp cooks a lot faster than fish. So, instead of 3-5 minutes cook it for about 2 minutes on each side.

First take a medium to large frying pan and pour the olive oil into it. Set your heat on medium to medium-high. Next, salt and pepper your fish or shrimp. Place in frying pan and sautee for about 3-5 minutes on one side and then flip it. Add the crushed garlic at this point into the pan. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and sprinkle your lime juice over the fish. Add the cilantro and toss it together. Serve hot.

4 Weight Watchers Points (Shrimp)
5 Weight Watchers Points (Tilapia)

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment