Thursday, October 28, 2010

Salsa Chicken Casserole

I’ve always had a go-to chicken burrito recipe that I serve on occasion, but when it comes to Mexican, my menu ended there. I have a bit of a weakness for good tortilla chips and salsa, an adoration for cheese, and find exquisite glory in a perfectly timed cold cervesa. More Mexican dishes in my repertoire seemed only logical, right?

Stick a slice of lime in your Corona and serve this casserole for dinner. You won’t be disappointed by its ease, simplicity, or flavor.



Ingredients: 
2 cups uncooked white rice
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
¼ onion
1 ½ cups salsa.
(I fully admit using a pre-made salsa is cheating – sweet, glorious, getting-dinner-on-the-table-with-ease cheating)


Cook the rice. Cube the chicken and sauté it until cooked through (I spiced mine with pepper). In a small bowl, combine salsa, cream of chicken soup, and chopped onion.

After everything above is finished, in a casserole dish layer cooked rice, chicken, salsa-soup mix, sprinkled layer of both cheeses, cooked rice, chicken, salsa-soup mix, sprinkled layer of both cheeses, etc…


Stick in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (or until the casserole is bubbly).

Happy cooking!
-KSP


(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment