Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Secco Wine Bar


Secco has only been around for a few months, but in this moment in history when Carytown is having so many turnovers, I have no doubt this is one restaurant that’s going to stay. When perusing the wine-list, I had the chance to choose not only organic but also biodynamic varieties. When I didn’t know what ‘biodynamic’ meant, our waitress didn’t scoff or snicker. She explained the term with a smile as she told us her recommendations.

Of course, when you’re going out for wine, some sort of appetizer plate is a perfect complement, and again, we relied on the expertise of our waitress to help us choose three cheese selections ranging from Langa Bocconcino to Rosen Manchego. I feel so naïve in my cheese education, but her recommendations were amazing, as was the chutney served on the side.


Nice but not stuffy, relaxed but not sloppy, Secco is the wine bar that Carytown needed. I’m sorry Bin 22, but you have a new rival.
My rating: 5 sporks out of 5.
Location: 2933 W. Cary Street, Richmond, VA (Carytown)
Cuisine: European style eatery
Pricing: $$

2 comments:

  1. oh man, the "midnight moon" goat cheese i had there was sublime. the first time i've considered ordering a wheel of cheese over the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely would love to go back there. I think we should have a Girls' Night again!

    ReplyDelete