Friday, September 3, 2010

Potato and Cheese Soup




The author of this particular recipe titled it: The Best Potato Soup You Will Ever Eat. I beg to differ. While it was a good potato and cheese soup it definitely wasn't the best I ever ate. The best is another potato soup that I'm saving for a potential Iron Chef show-down. So, I just named this soup a boring: Potato and Cheese Soup. I'm definitely a soup lover, and I went searching for a new recipe to try. I came across this particular recipe and since it received pretty good reviews I thought I would give it a whirl. Again, it's not bad. I would make it again. It was pretty quick and easy to make.

Ingredients:
4 whole Potatoes
3 cans (10.75 Oz. Can) Cream Of Potato Soup
3 cans Milk (Use The Soup Can To Measure)
1/2 bags (8 Oz. Bag) Mozzarella Cheese
1 bag (8 Oz. Bag) Cheddar Cheese
2 cloves Minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Salt And Pepper

First step when you are buying these ingredients is to make sure you don't forget the main ingredient: the potatoes! I forgot this ingredient the other day, so I ended up making it yesterday after going to the grocery store just for the forgotten potatoes. Next, take out about 4 large potatoes and peel and wash them. Place in a pot with water and boil for about 30 minutes until soft. Pour out the water, and mash the potatoes making sure to leave some chunks in there. At this point I was a little nervous, because I had used 5 potatoes and there were a lot of mashed potatoes in my pot. But, have no fear; after placing the 3 cans of potato soup and pour milk into the 3 empty soup cans. It all turned out okay. I poured the salt and pepper in and the minced garlic. I added a little more salt and pepper to my taste. Then I dumped the 1/2 bag of shredded Mozzarella Cheese, the full bag of shredded cheddar cheese, and about a half bag of Colby and Monterey Jack shredded cheese. I fried up about 6 pieces of bacon and placed in the soup. After it's heated up and salted to your taste it's done. I think it could have used some kind of herb but I didn't add anything else. It was a good soup, and I'm having some leftovers today. Perhaps it will be even better the next day.


(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment