Thursday, September 16, 2010

Faux Mashed Potatoes

You can’t believe it either, right? This bowl of creamy goodness is not mashed potatoes, it is actually mashed cauliflower. I absolutely love this recipe because I feel like I am eating comfort food, but I am actually getting one of my daily servings of vegetables. And it’s super easy.


1 medium head of cauliflower
3 or 4 tbsp of cream cheese
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Break up the cauliflower into small pieces then boil for about 6 minutes or until they soften. Drain the cauliflower and pat dry. I thought it might take a while to pat dry so I actually ran them through a salad spinner. I think it did the trick nicely. Then just combine all the above ingredients into a food processor and blended until they are smooth.

I actually had to run two batches in the food processor, but this allowed me to taste the first batch and adjust the salt and pepper for the next one. I used garlic powder becuase I just didn’t feel like dealing with smelly hands, but I would highly recommend using real garlic.

Finally top with butter, cheese and/or chives.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment