Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jerk Chicken with Rice, Black Beans, and Pineapple

Last week, pineapple snuck onto our ingredient list once again for some kabobs. It’s funny how foods are often dictated by the weather. Winter is a time of stews and comfort food, but spring is a time for freshness. New leaves pop out on the trees, and fruits and berries suddenly appear again on my dinner plates. I love the turning of this season. Fresh pineapple just makes me think of sunshine.
Apparently, I didn’t have enough with last week’s kabobs. I went for pineapple again tonight as I tried Jerk Chicken with Rice and Beans:

Jerk Chicken with Rice, Black Beans, and Pineapple

The full recipe is from Real Simple.

I over-cooked the rice a little bit. I was chatting while doing dinner, so I guess it happens. Otherwise, all was fine - not great, but fine. I think I just need practice with this one. I'll definitely try it again, though.
Happy cooking!
-KSP

No comments:

Post a Comment