Friday, March 26, 2010

Easy Granola Cereal

I found this recipe in the most recent issue of Real Simple magazine, but I think I have made it even simpler and better. It appealed to me because I am also looking for quick breakfast snacks. However what really got me was a vision I had while making it of our future children telling their friends that their mom makes their cereal from scratch. What an awesome mom!!!


Easy Granola Cereal (If you don't trust me, you can check out Real Simple's version)


4 cups old-fashioned oats (not the quick kind)
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons of honey
2 cups raisins & dried cranberries


Heat oven to 350° F. In a bowl mix the oats & coconut with the maple syrup, oil, and honey. Bake for 15 minutes then toss/flip. Bake another 15 minutes until golden. Return to bowl and mix in raisins & dried cranberries. Let cool then put in an adorable clear container!



(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment