Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ruchee Indian Restaurant



When it comes to Asian food, Indian has been my long-time favorite. Perhaps because it was my first branching out from Chinese buffets or Japanese hibachi grills. Perhaps it has something to do with a college freshman hall-mate who introduced me to Samosas. Either way, though, when I’m looking to go out for dinner and I’m in the mood for something a bit different, Indian is a choice I get excited about.



Rarely busy, but always delicious is Ruchee on Midlothian Turnpike. The service is attentive with refilling water-glasses, knowing that their mouthwateringly flavorful food is spicier than the American norm.

While I enjoy going for dinner where I can dive into a meal of my selection, (my favorites being Lamb Saagwala, Vindaloo, or Chicken Tandori), their lunch buffet allows guests to try a selection of ecxellent choices. If you’re not familiar with Indian food, this is a great place to start.


But few meals, in my mind, can compete with their dinners. The Indian beers, such as the Maharaja Pilsner or the Flying Horse Royal Lager, perfectly accompany the spice of the meals. I’m sure their desserts are great, but honestly, the meals themselves are such heafty portions, I rarely have the room to finish the main course let alone still be hungry for dessert. If anyone has thoughts on their desserts, please comment below.

I highly, highly recommend Ruchee for meals out that are nothing like your norm.
Address: 9930 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235
Price: $$$
Rating: 5 Sporks out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment