Monday, May 31, 2010

Spiced Chicken

It’s Memorial Day, and what do you do on Memorial Day? You grill out, of course! I had a chicken marinade recipe I wanted to post at the start of May, but I misplaced the ingredients. Then, I left the country for a few weeks, (teaser: eastern European recipes will be posted here soon), so here is my much delayed return to the blog. Glad to be back! Happy Memorial Day and start to the summer!

I completely improvised this one, so I do not have exact ingredient amounts. Here’s exactly what I did, though.

Ingredients: 
Olive oil
3 Chicken Breasts
1 shake of minced garlic (per side per chicken breast)
2 shakes of salt (per side per chicken breast)
2 grinds of ground pepper (per side per chicken breast)
5-6 shakes of dried oregano (per side per chicken breast)
3 shakes of dried basil (per side per chicken breast)
2 shakes of dried red pepper flakes (per side per chicken breast)

This one’s pretty self explanatory from the above list. Coat chicken breasts in olive oil, and then spice as directed above. Grilling 6-8 minutes per side would probably be the easiest directions here and would probably seal in the juices perfectly, but I started cooking and realized I needed to delay dinner; ergo, with the ever adapting dinner plan, I ended up baking this chicken at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. It turned out deliciously. I added on rolls, pasta, and mixed veggies.
Happy cooking!
-KSP


(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment