Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Skillet Spaghetti

I wanted to find a spaghetti recipe to spice up my normal tomato sauce and noodles. I was browsing through recipes online and came across this one that peaked my interest. It is very simple to make, but incorporates gooey cheese and plenty of sauce into the noodles. You cook the noodles in a "skillet" instead of in a saucepan full of water, which is perfect for those of you who have problems getting the noodles just right. And, it leaves plenty of room to give you the opportunity to spice it up even further by adding additional herbs, different types of cheese, etc.



28 oz Jar Spaghetti Sauce
1-1/2 c Water
12 oz Spaghetti pasta, broken in half
1/2 c Shredded mozzarella
1/2 c Parmesan

In 12" skillet, I combined the spaghetti sauce and water and stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then add the spaghetti and stir well, making sure spaghetti is "under" the sauce, completely covered in it. If necessary you can add a bit more water, which I've found myself needing to do. Or, you can add more tomato sauce. Then you bring to a boil again, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stirring frequently. You may add more water or tomato sauce if the mixture appears too dry. Cook until spaghetti is al dente and top with cheese.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment