Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Nutella Banana Bread

I had a bunch of very ripe bananas on my counter the other day. Normally, I would unravel the skin and store them in my freezer for smoothie days. But, I already had about 4 or 5 bananas in the freezer, so I didn't need to add anymore. Of course, the easy option is to make banana bread, and that's precisely what I did. However, this isn't your basic/boring banana bread. This is banana bread swirled with nutella via A Cup of Jo. Mmmm. Nutella. The best! This recipe calls for 2 loaves of bread, so I brought one to volleyball. They loved it. I also gave one to my little ol' neighbor, because she gave me a bunch of peonies from her yard. Well, I was walking my dogs the other day, and she ran out (as fast as she could) to let me know know how much she looooved the banana bread. She actually wants this recipe, too. So, you have several reviews right there letting you know how good is this bread! Please give it a try, and you won't be disappointed!



Ingredients:
3 large or 4 medium (2 cups mashed) bananas, yellow with brown speckles
1 cup brown sugar, packed
4 oz. (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. rum, optional
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Nutella

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
 Next, take out two loaf pans and prep it by inserting parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Or, flour and oil it very well. Set aside.

Take a medium bowl and mash the bananas with a potato masher, and set aside. Take out another medium bowl, and combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together, and set aside.
Next, take out your standing mixer and mix the butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, rum (if using), and eggs. Gradually, add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Stir until just smooth, and then add in the bananas and stir until just combined.

Now, go ahead and microwave the nutella for about 20 seconds to soften. Drizzle about 2/3 of the nutella into the batter. Use a spatula to gently fold in the nutella, but don't overmix. You want to see the swirls when you cut into the banana bread once it's baked. Pour half the batter into one loaf pan, and pour the remaining batter into another loaf pan. Add the rest of the nutella on top of the batter, and swirl with a knife. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan, remove, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment