Thursday, May 22, 2014

Citrus Salad with Avocado and Beans

I really have no idea what this recipe is called. I kind of made it up since I don't have the actual recipe. My mom found this particular gem in a magazine several years ago, and it has wonderful flavor with the citrus fruit and avocados. I love pairing this side dish with grilled chicken. They complement each other nicely. My favorite time to make this is during the summer months, because I love how the citrus salad is so cooling. If you don't like beans then feel free to omit them. I think it still tastes great without the beans. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1 jar Delmonte Citrus Salad, drained (or leave some of the juice if you are not using the vinaigrette)
1 14 oz can Black Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
1 Avocado, sliced
1 small Red Onion, diced
Handful of chopped Cilantro
Small Vinegar/Olive Oil Vinaigrette, store-bought (I actually omitted this step and it still came out yummy)

Combine all the above ingredients into a serving bowl and give it a nice stir. It stores well in an air-tight container for a day or two in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment