Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ginger Peanut Chicken Pasta

I was kind of wanting to go out to dinner tonight instead of making dinner. I asked my dad if he wanted to grab dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, and he was up for it. But, unfortunately, around 5:00 he said he wouldn't be able to make it due to having to work late. Fortunately, I had stuck chicken in the fridge to de-thaw earlier that morning. And, I came across this recipe earlier in the day that I thought sounded delicious. Boy, was I right! Sometimes, I think you can have a restaurant quality meal right in the comfort of your home. I really think this recipe is restaurant quality. It was very flavorful and even better it was super easy to make. Give it a try, and people will think you should try out for the next Top Chef on Bravo! Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 lb penne pasta
3 boneless chicken breasts (skinned and chopped)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 limes, juice of
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)

First, take out a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the milk and the corn starch. Stir well. Then, add the remaining milk into the bowl. Stir. Next, take out a medium-sized skillet and add some olive oil. Then, sautee your chicken till it's cooked thru. I sprinkled some salt and pepper on both sides of my chicken while it was cooking. Once the chicken finishes cooking; remove from the skillet and set aside.  Add the milk mixture to the skillet and cook for one minute till it thickens and bubbles. Reduce the heat to low. Next, get out a small bowl and add the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic cloves, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and then add this to the milk mixture. Then, add the chicken, cilantro, and chives (if using). Meanwhile, boil your pasta. Once the pasta is al dente pour into a strainer. Then, add the pasta to the sauce and mix well. Serve and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment