Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I was at Physical Therapy the other day, when a nice man came by the office giving away vegetables and bananas from his farm. Don't worry; he's a patient at the office and he was advertising his farm on his truck. So, I'm sure he is legit. :) Well, I picked out some yellow squash as that was all he had left. I also grabbed a bunch of bananas. The bananas were very ripe. And, I only like to eat bananas when they are barely green. So, I figured I would use these bananas to make banana bread. I've made this recipe once before, and I can't believe I haven't posted it on the blog yet. The bread comes out very moist. Plus, the chocolate chips give a nice flair to boring ol' banana bread. I really think you should give it a try. You won't regret it one bit. Enjoy!

 
Ingredients:
1 c sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 c mashed bananas
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Pre-heat oven at 325.

Take your bowl from a standing mixer, and add in the butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the mashed bananas, vanilla, and eggs. Beat well. Take a small bowl and add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. At medium-low speed; gradually add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips until well incorporated. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan. Cover loosely with a tent of aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil from oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool. Invert the loaf pan onto a plate. Banana bread should come out easily once cooled. Enjoy!


(click for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment