Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ara's Brownies

Not only do we play volleyball at Richmond Volleyball Club, but we also enjoy eating and drinking. Sometimes, food is brought in from home to help celebrate teammate's birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Well, one particular night Ara (one of the volleyball players at the club) brought in some brownies. She asked if we wanted a piece. I mean who am I to turn down a brownie, so I said sure. Man, that brownie was so yummy. I didn't have just one brownie; I had three! Since I liked it so much I decided to ask her for the recipe. Fortunately, she knew it by heart. I decided to make these brownies the other night. They are very gooey and the top has a crispy outer layer. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c flour

First, take a 9x13 pan and spray with cooking spray. Set the oven to 375 degrees.
Next, take 2 sticks of butter and the 4oz of unsweetened chocolate and put in a small saucepan. Melt on low heat. Once melted set aside to cool. Next, mix together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the flour and the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. When you stick a toothpick into the brownie it may come out with chocolate. That's okay. As long as the brownie is set it should be good. Set aside to cool, and then place in the fridge for an hour. Sprinkle with confectioner sugar. Enjoy.

(Click for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment