Friday, May 13, 2011

Tartine Brownies w/ Nuts

I started my diet back in March, and haven't done much baking at all. 12 pounds lighter I thought why not try baking something that sounds delicious. And, I can just bring in the majority of it into work. My co-workers would either love me or hate me, but at least I wouldn't be eating them. ;0)


One of my favorite baking food blogs is diving baking. Amira's pictures are just beautiful. Plus, I've already tried one of her recipes, and it was heaven. I've seen her post this brownie recipe before, and just recently she updated it. It looked super good from her pictures. I know. Sometimes pictures can be deceiving, but she was right. This is really a delicious and fudgy brownie. It's a whopping 6 points per WW Points+. So, I'm really glad I only ate one of them. But, man was it chocolaty and fudgy and yummy. It was really simple to make, and I highly recommend it if you are in need of a chocolate fix. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
1 pound bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 large eggs (the original recipe calls for five eggs, but Amira doesn't like tall brownies)
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups nuts, optional for topping




I didn't have bittersweet chocolate on hand. So, I just used the chocolate squares from the grocery store that I had in my cabinet. I used about 8 semi-sweet squares and 8 unsweetened squares.First thing I did was get my butter and chocolate, put it in a small sauce pan and simmer it over low heat until chocolate is melted. I then took my flour and sifted it into a bowl. Set this aside. Next, take your remaining ingredients put into your mixing bowl. Mix on high speed for about 5 minutes. Take your cooled chocolate mixture and pour into the egg mixture. Stir until combined. Then, take your sifted flour and gently fold into the chocolate batter. Pour this into a 9X13 greased pan and spread evenly. Amira suggested pouring your nuts over the brownies at this stage. However, I think the next time I make them I will just incorporate them into my chocolate batter.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment