Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken


Ever since I learned about Gina's awesome website, I peruse it just about every day. Recently she posted this Asian Peanut recipe. I thought it sounded really delicious. Well, I was right. I made this dish tonight, and man was it good. It was very spicy thanks to the siracha, and so flavorful. It didn't take that long to make; around an hour. I had all the ingredients already since I went to Whole Foods this weekend and stocked up in preparation for making this entree. I didn't use the peanut butter that Gina suggested. I just used regular reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter. Be prepared to have left-overs unless you are feeding a big family. It makes a ton. Also, I didn't use the asian noodles. I didn't know what they were, and when I asked someone at the store he said the Asian Sticks would work. As you can probably tell from my picture those "sticks" are really tiny. Smaller than Angel hair noodles. I didn't mind it, but I definitely want to get the right noodles next time. Enjoy!

Light Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
14.5 oz fat free chicken broth (vegetarians use vegetable broth)
5 tbsp better'n peanut butter
1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced

Chicken Marinade:
16 oz chicken breast, cut into thin strips
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce (more or less to taste)
juice of 1/2 lime
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
1/2 tbsp sesame oil

Additional Ingredients:
8 oz. Asian Noodles
3/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
1 1/4 cups cup shredded broccoli slaw
1 cup bean bean sprouts
2 tbsp chopped peanuts
1 lime, sliced
cilantro for garnish (optional)

First, I took out my dethawed chicken and pounded it till it was about 1/4 inch thick. I cut the chicken into thin strips. I seasoned it with salt and pepper. Next, I took a whole lime and squeezed out the juice into my bowl. I added the siracha, soy sauce, grated ginger, crushed garlic, and sesame oil into the same bowl. I then placed the chicken into the bowl and stirred together. I set this aside. Next, I combined the ingredients for the peanut sauce which consists of: siracha, peanut butter, soy sauce, minced garlic, honey, and grated ginger into a sauce pan. Heat this over medium low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir. Set aside. Next, take your chicken and sautee it in a pan heated with 1/2 tbsp sesame oil over medium-low heat. Took about 10 minutes. While the chicken was cooking, I took a pot and added water. I heated the water and added my asian sticks. I covered the pot and turned off the heat. This cooked for about 10 minutes. I just followed the directions on the bag for this. Once the chicken is cooked; remove the chicken from the pan. Then add your veggies to the same pan. This is when I wished I had a wok. My veggies were flying all over the stove. Cook for 5-10 minutes until heated thru. I took about 2 tbsp of peanuts and chopped. Set aside. I grabbed about 1/2 cup of cilantro and chopped. Set aside. Next, I took my pot of noodles and poured them into a strainer. I grabbed a big bowl and added the peanut sauce to it. I dumped the noodles into the bowl and stirred together. I added the chicken to the bowl and stirred together. Then, I added the veggies and stirred together. I added the chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment