Friday, July 2, 2010

Pimento Cheese

I was so excited to try this recipe and it did not disappoint. First, I love pimento cheese! Second, I got the recipe from NPR, which I just thought was interesting. Third, it gave me the opportunity to use my food processor for the first time. I tried the make the picture a little "artsy" since pimento cheese is not the most attractive food. And by artsy, I just mean the picture was purposely slanted.



2 bags of shredded 8oz sharp cheddar cheese
1 bag of shredded 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
2 kosher dill pickles
2 or 3 cloves of garlic (Beware!! I used 1 large garlic clove & 1 small one and it was some serious garlic for the recipe)
1 4-ounce jar of pimentos, drained

Cut all ingredients except the cheese & pimentos into large chunks. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse just long enough to roughly chop. Do not puree the ingredients, just make them pliable for the next step. I have a 9 cup Food Processor and it didn't all fit. I would recommend breaking up the recipe into two batches to run through the Food Processor.

Put in large bowl and mix with about 3 healthy tablespoons of mayonnaise.

(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment