Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lime Cumin Jalapeno Grilled Chicken

Like I've said before, I love to grill out in the summer. The other night I was searching for another grilled chicken marinade recipe, and I came across this Big Oven recipe that I had saved as one of my Internet Bookmarks. Since I had all the ingredients I decided to give this a go. Plus I love to utilize some of my vegetables growing in my garden. I cut this recipe in half since I'm cooking for just myself, and I must say it was very delicious. The chicken was moist and juicy. I did not use fresh sage, but about 1/2 tsp of dried sage. However, I probably did use about 3 tbsp of fresh lime juice. And, I used 2 of my jalapeno peppers from my garden. And, I marinade the chicken for about 2 hours. It was a very good grilled chicken recipe. You can get the recipe here. Enjoy!


3 tablespoon Lime Juice Fresh Squeezed Is Best
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Cumin Ground
1 Jalapeno Chile
1 Bay Leaf Fresh Is Best
2 Sage Leaves Fresh Is Best
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 dash Black Pepper Freshly Ground
4 large Chicken Breasts Skinless, Boneless

Preparation
Place all marinade ingredients in blender jar and blend to uniform mixture. Next make a diagonal slits with sharp knife about 1/8" deep and 1/2" apart on both sides of each breast. I placed the chicken in a ziplock bag to marinate for about an hour or two. If you can remember turn the chicken every half hour. Prepare your grill. Grill until inside of breasts are just done, check with fork or remove when internal temperature is 160F. I removed the breasts from the grill and let them stand for about five minutes before serving.

(Click here for printable recipe)

1 comment: