Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Asian Pear and Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese

Don't you just love arugula? It's such a great lettuce and goes great with a wide variety of accompaniments. I love it with blue cheese, parmesan, grapes, white beans, fennel, beets, etc. I thought I'd give this recipe a try from Food and Wine. They accompany arugula with pear, pumpkin seeds, and goat cheese. However, since I didn't have pumpkin seeds I used pistachios instead. I also used Giada's lemon dressing from this recipe. This is a seriously delicious recipe. Give it a try and I think you will love it. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp chopped thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper
5 oz baby arugula
3 Asian pears (or d'Anjou) - peeled cored and very thinly sliced
1/2 c salted roasted pumpkin seeds
3 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Sea salt, for sprinkling

In a small bowl; whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, thyme, salt, and pepper. Take out a large bowl, and add the arugula with the pear slices and pumpkin seeds. Add the dressing and toss well. Then, add the crumbled goat cheese and sprinkle some sea salt if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment