Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grilled Asian Pork Tenderloin with Peanut Sauce

I'm pretty bummed that I couldn't find a favorite recipe of mine. I went to a cookout many years ago, and a friend made these asian pork tenderloins. The marinade was super delicious. Unfortunately, I can't remember who the friend was nor can I find the recipe. Friend, if you are out there and have an inkling of what I'm referring to please hit me up. I tried googling asian pork tenderloin marinade but didn't have a whole lot of luck. But, I did come across this peanut marinade from Fine Cooking. This recipe is a keeper, y'all. It kept the pork super moist and the peanut sauce packed a ton of flavor. I did add some red pepper flakes at the advice of some of the commenters and I added a tablespoon of sesame oil. I still hope to find my original asian marinade recipe, but I will be making this one many more times. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 cup light coconut milk
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, preferably a natural variety
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
3 Tbs. dark brown sugar
2 large cloves garlic, minced (2-1/2 tsp.)
2 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1 Tbs. dark sesame oil (optional)
2 small pork tenderloins (about 2 lb. total)
Vegetable oil for the grill

Take your medium sized bowl and add in the coconut milk thru the sesame oil. Stir well. Pour into a large zip-lock bag and place the pork tenderloin in the bag. Coat the pork tenderloin with the marinade. Marinate for an hour or more for better flavor. Once your ready to grill pour the marinade into a small saucepan and set to medium heat. Place the pork tenderloin on a well-oiled grill. Grill for about 10 minutes on both sides. Remove pork from grill. Set on a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.  I had to put my pork back on the grill because it was a bit too pink for me. I served my pork with white rice. Pour some of the peanut sauce on the pork tenderloin and even your rice. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. It is! I made this again using chicken instead. I poured some of the peanut sauce directly into a pot and the remainder in a ziplock bag along with the chicken. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sauce is very easy to make with standard things most cooks have in their pantry/cabinets.The taste of the sauce is outstanding and goes so well with the pork ( i bet it would do well with just about any protein )

    ReplyDelete