Saturday, February 4, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls



If you know me; you know I have a big-time sweet tooth. I usually find myself wanting something sweet to eat after dinner. But, I want something that is easy and quick to make. I found these peanut butter balls from A Cup of Sugar. I thought they looked awesome. Plus, they sounded pretty easy to make. Well, they were easy to make. However, the texture was a little powdery. I mean they were good, but a tad dry. As a matter of fact, a co-worker bit into one and the powder splattered on his jacket. Lol. So, next time I make these I might add more butter and see if it helps any. They tasted great, though. I hope you give them a try. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 1/3 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup chunky peanut butter
12 ounces (1 bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cups salted peanuts, finely chopped

When, I made this recipe I halved the ingredients. According to the recipe, this makes 50-60 balls. I thought that was way too many.
First, take a medium-sized bowl and combine the powder sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Stir together. Take the butter and peanut butter and mix together using your hands until combined. As you form the mixture into 1 inch balls, keep pressing into your hands until they form togethe. They will form together. Have patience. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Once you are finish; set aside.

Take a small saucepan and a small bowl. Pour in your chocolate chips into the bowl. Add water to the saucepan and heat till it starts to boil. Place the small bowl into the sauce pan. Keep stirring the chocolate chips until completely melted. While the chocolate melts, chop your peanuts and place on a plate. Set aside. Now, remove the pan from the burner. Once the chocolate has cooled slightly take your balls and roll into the melted chocolate. Then, roll the balls into the peanuts. Set on cookie sheets. Let the peanut butter balls air dry. Enjoy.

(click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment