Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken


I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. And, the healthier the better. Afterall, I'm still trying to maintain the weight I lost earlier this year. And, like I've mentioned before, Gina's Skinny Taste website has a lot of really good and healthy recipes. I really like sesame oil and panko, and this recipe calls for both. I even added a dollup of sriracha to it. I thought the recipe was pretty good. I'm not sure if this will be a regular on my weekly rotation, but I will definitely make it again. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
18 oz chicken tenderloins (I used a chicken breast)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
6 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp course salt
4 tbsp panko
olive oil spray (I used my Misto)

First, pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. Next, take your chicken and sprinkle it with some salt and pepper. If you've ever made chicken parmesan it's quite similar. Find a bowl in your cupboard, and add the sesame oil and soy sauce to it. Find a medium sized plate and add the panko, sesame seeds, and the 1/2 tsp coarse salt to it. When you are ready to start baking; immerse the chicken in the oil mixture first. {At this point; I actually let the chicken soak in the marinade for about a half hour.} Then, immerse the chicken into the panko mixture. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Then, lightly spray the chicken with oil. Bake for about 8 to 12 minutes. Then turn the chicken over and bake for another 4-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thru and the crust is a nice golden color. Enjoy!



(click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment