Monday, January 20, 2014

Spicy Chicken Tacos

We have a LOT of taco recipes on this blog. Obviously, my co-hort and I love tacos. Add this recipe to the list of delicious taco recipes. I found this recipe from The Pioneer Woman's blog. She says this is her brother's recipe, but it doesn't really matter because it turned out great. I didn't follow her/his recipe exactly. I didn't fry up the tacos, and I used Mrs. Renfros Habanero and Mango salsa (which is VERY spicy, by the way). I also sliced up some avocado and added cilantro. Overall, I think it turned out great. If you want to know how the Pioneer Woman does it then click on this link. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
16 whole Corn Tortillas
4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut into pieces
Salt, Cumin, Chili Powder to taste (or use taco seasoning)
2 tbsp Canola Oil
2 cans (4 oz) Diced Green Chilies
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 whole avocado sliced
Mrs. Renfros Mango and Habanero Salsa

Season chicken liberally with the spices above. Next, take out a large skillet, and add the oil. Heat to medium-high and add in the chicken pieces. Cook for a couple minutes, and then add in the canned green chilies. Stir. Cook until the chicken is completely done. Turn off heat and set aside. Take out your corn tortillas and heat on the skillet for a couple seconds over medium. Remove and add to the plate. Top the tortilla with the chicken, sliced avocado, cilantro, and salsa. Do this for the remaining tacos and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment