Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Salmon with Lemon Dill Dressing

I’m constantly on the look out for simple, yet flavorful meals. Because despite my best efforts, there are nights where I have to work late, or my husband does, or where I’m just too beat to spend much time on a meal. Those are the nights where we end up ordering something unhealthy like Chinese or pizza, unless I have a simple, quick meal on hand to make. This salmon recipe that I found on Drizzle and Drip fits the bill perfectly. It’s very quick and easy to make, with ingredients that for the most part you would generally have on hand, and best of all—it packs a lot of fresh, delicious flavors. Lemon and dill with a perfectly cooked salmon are the perfect complements to each other.


2-4 salmon filets
olive oil
½ cup sour cream
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 ½ tbsp finely chopped dill
juice of 1/4 of a lemon
ground black pepper and salt to taste

The original recipe calls for crème fraiche, but I think sour cream worked well as a substitute, and if you wanted to make it healthier, I don’t think a low-fat sour cream would hurt it. You could also cut the mayonnaise entirely, in my opinion. I did cut the recipe down some because it made way too much for just two people. All you really need is a tablespoon or two at most for each fillet.

Simply mix together the sour cream, mayo, dill, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a small dish and set it aside. Rub salmon lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pan fry it over medium high heat, starting with the skin side down for 2 minutes. Flip it over for 3 minutes, then back on the other side for the last two minutes. If you like your salmon cooked completely through (shame on you!) you might have to cook it longer.

After that, just serve with a dollop of dressing on top. It is bright and lemony with lots of dill flavor to complement the unfussy salmon. And it’s so easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment