Sunday, September 30, 2012

Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken

One of my favorite dishes to eat growing up was Fried Chicken. When I was a kid, my favorite piece of the chicken to eat was the leg. Now, my favorite piece to eat is the breast of the chicken. I've grown to favor white meat over dark meat. Lately, I've been wanting to make fried chicken. But, since it's so bad for you, unfortunately, I went looking for a healthier version. Enter the Cooking Light cookbook. Cooking Light offers several different versions of Fried Chicken, but the one that appealed to me the most was this Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken. I have to say I was very impressed with this recipe. I thought it was very flavorful and I enjoyed the crusty outer layer. Give it a try and I think you will like it, too. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 (6 oz) skinned chicken breast halves (I just used 2 chicken breasts)
8 (4 oz) chicken drumsticks, skinned
1/4 c honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 1/4 tsp cups finely crushed cornflakes (I used frosted flakes)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
Cooking Spray

First get your oven ready by pre-heating it to 400 degrees. Next, take out your chicken and evenly spread salt and pepper over each piece. Take out a small bowl and combine the honey, mustard, paprika, and garlic powder. Then, in a shallow dish combine the crushed cornflakes and chopped pecans. Brush both sides of the chicken with the honey mixture, and then dredge it in the cornflake mixture.

Place chicken on a large baking sheet that is coated with cooking spray. Then, lightly coat your chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.

Calories: 336
Fat: 10 g
Protein: 36.5g
Carb: 23.5g
Fiber: .7g
Chol: 109 mg
Iron: 2.6 mg
Sodium: 482 mg
Calc: 22 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment