Friday, October 7, 2011

Easy Double Chocolate Chip Brownies


I know, I know. I've posted several other brownie recipes. I think that's what makes baking brownies so much fun. Because there are numerous ways to make them. I remember my friend, Virginia and I used to make boxed brownies and we would try to see how many different ingredients we could throw into the batter. Normally, these "ingredients" consisted of Reese's peanut butter cups, Reese's Pieces, M&M's, caramel, Caramello, etc.


 It was a lot of fun, and I have to admit that the brownies always turned out sooo yummy. Usually, when you are craving chocolate making brownies is a quick and easy way to satisfy that craving. And, that's precisely what I did the other night. I have this cookbook called Nestle Classic Recipes and they offer a lot of different dessert recipes. I came across this brownie recipe and thought it sounded easy. Plus, they had me at "double chocolate." I used milk chocolate chips and they turned out delicious. My co-workers enjoyed them, too. I hope you do as well.

Ingredients:
2 c (12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided)
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter; cut into pieces
3 lg eggs
1 1/4 c flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 pan.

Take 1 cup of your chocolate chips and the butter and place in a sauce pan. Let melt over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Once the chocolate has cooled pour into a bowl. Mix in the eggs. Next, stir in the sugar, flour, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir thoroughly. Stir in the remaining cup of chocolate chips and the nuts. Pour into your prepared baking pan. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out slightly sticky. Enjoy!



(Click here for printable recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment