Friday, March 14, 2014

Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Lover's Cookies

I have a bit of a problem. I can't stop trying recipes from Sally's Baking Addiction. I think she was onto something when she included "Baking Addiction" in the name of her blog. I'm totally addicted to Sally's Baking. Everything I've tried so far as been so darn good. I haven't tried any of her cake or pie recipes, but I have tried a ton of her cookies. And, add this recipe to the list. I'm in love with this Soft Baked Peanut Butter Lover's Cookie. I love the addition of peanut butter chips and Reese's peanut butter cups. I omitted nuts, because I'm just not a fan of nuts in my cookies. But, feel free to add them in yours. These cookies are heavenly and I guarantee if you decide to share them with your friends and family they will love you for it. I can't wait to try another one of Sally's scrumptious cookie recipes. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature* (If using Unsalted butter then add a 1/4 tsp salt)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts (I omitted these)
1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups (OR fun size or regular size peanut butter cups, chopped)
1/2 cup peanut butter baking chips

The first thing I do is chop up the peanut butter cups and set aside in a small bowl. I used about half a regular sized mini peanut butter cups bag. Next, take out a medium sized bowl and add the flour, baking soda, and salt if you're using unsalted butter. Set aside. Next, you'll want to cream together the butter and sugar until well mixed. Then add in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla in that order. Stir well. Carefully, add in the flour mixture a little at a time to avoid flour puffing up all over the place. Be careful not to over-mix the batter. Carefully, fold in the peanuts (if using), peanut butter chips, and peanut butter cups. Place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Once you're ready to start baking the cookies; pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Remove the dough from the oven and let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Then, roll up the dough so they stand taller rather than wider, and place on the cookie sheets. Then, gently press down on the dough to slightly flatten them. Bake in the oven for about 8 or 9 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to look a golden brown. Remove from the oven, and place on a wire rack. I dare you to not eat one right away. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment